Visiting the Pacific Northwest has been at the top of my must visit list for awhile. So, when we made plans to take a trip to Portland and then camp down the Oregon coast, my expectations were pretty high. Luckily, they were far exceeded.
We spent 5 days in Portland, staying with our friend Martha, and did the perfect balance of exploring the city while hitting up some favorite local spots with out friend. While I loved the walkability of downtown Portland, filled with endless delicious eats and cute shops, I loved the neighborhoods just outside the city even more, not to mention the epic nature that's within a short driving distance.
A huge thank you to our friend, Martha, who graciously opened her home and kitchen to us, feeding us the tastiest of foods and taking us to some breathtaking sites.
A few favorites from the trip:
Mississippi Ave. (Northeast)
- Interurban Restaurant
- Blue Star Donuts - if you want to skip the lines of the downtown location
- Paxton Gate - shop full of taxidermy, fossils, plans, jewelry, science kits, and other treasures
- Tasty n Adler - their burger...!
- Boxer Ramen - in the same alley as Steven Alan. Ace hotel is across the street, and Living
Room Theaters is next door.
- Lovejoy Cafe
- Food carts on SW 10th Ave
- Powell Bookstore - a must
- Canoe - home goods
- Saturday Farmers Market at Portland State
Japanese Garden (one of my favorite places in all of Portland)
School House Electric & Supply Co. - lighting, furniture, and home goods. and some of the best coffee I've ever had.
Stay tuned for our camping trip down the Oregon Coast! :)